memories of my dad

my dad always said he wanted to publish a book of all his stories...

Sunday, October 19, 2008

playing games with my dadi

I love the memory of playing games with my dad, from when I was little to even after I grew up. My dad was always such a fun-loving person and knew how to play all sorts of games. I remember him teaching me how to play chinese chess when I was little, not only the traditional way of playing, but also blind chinese chess.

He would always play card games with me too -- somehow he would find the time to play silly games like "heart attack" and "go fish" with me, when I was only a little girl. The image of him playing card games with me and laughing always makes me feel happy.

And I remember one trip to Atlantic City where we played roulette together and we were having so much fun spreading out our chips all over the table, picking random numbers. I remember dadi being really lucky and hitting the numbers somehow and us all laughing at it. It still makes me smile.

In recent memory, I remember him teaching me and my husband how to play the chinese new years dice-in-a-bowl games that he always played growing up in his family. It was such a silly game, but somehow we all had a lot of fun.

And then of course, all of us - me, momi and dadi - all playing video games (all the way from Nintendo, Dreamcast, to GameCube) together. Sometimes I think he would just let me and momi win so we wouldn't get upset.

I think he must be up there playing games with his old/new friends in heaven too, making it a fun place where-ever he goes.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya! I also remember the first time when dadi taught me about playing cards and then I won him after he taught me. He pretended he were angry that how could student won teacher, but he actually was so happy that he made me proud and trained a succesful player, and I would ask him to play more games with me. I also love to listen to his stories-telling based on half true history and half making-up by him,like talking about the history of "Tien-Dan fought back for recoverying his country", he would suddenly added they threw the flying bread into the town for hungry people besides letting fired cows to fight against enemies. I would laughed at it and make fun of it, but we got lots of fun from those fun-added stories.

6:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home